Embarrassed by your Pot Noodle but just can’t quit your guilty habit? Fear no more. Naked Noodle is on a mission to help people kick their habit after stats reveal that 1 in 4 Brits feel guilty about eating Pot Noodle. Made with real, natural ingredients and packed full of authentic South-east Asian flavours, Naked is set to show the UK that there’s a more flavourful way of life out there as it gets set to open the Naked Noodle Remedy Rooms today.
The exclusive two-day pop-up, located in London’s Shoreditch area, aims to show noodle lovers that they can slurp loud and proud with Naked Noodle minus the post-indulgence guilt. In a survey* by the brand, 2,000 Brits were asked which noodle brands they would feel guilty about tucking into. Pot Noodle topped the table with 1 in 4 selecting the pot snack while Super Noodles followed second at just over 17%.
The survey also questioned Brits on nostalgic foods that they should have left behind but haven’t. Pot Noodle came out on top again with 16% of the UK admitting they should have left the snack pot in the past but just haven’t quite got there. Enter Naked Noodle, the authentic instant pot snack is now on hand to help Brits say goodbye to Pot Noodle once and for all. Pickled Onion Monster Munch followed second with 13% admitting they should have left the crisps behind. Baked Beans came in third at 12% with Micro Chips a very close fourth at 11%.
The Naked Noodle Remedy rooms, hosted at The Ace Corner Shop on October 13th and 14th, is an enlightening and cleansing experience designed to help Pot Noodle eaters, who are growing up but not growing old. Naked believe it’s time to move on and instil a meaningful and long-term behaviour change in your choice of instant hot snack. Step away from traditional Chicken and Mushroom flavours, and embrace an instant noodle that’s bursting with authentic Asian flavours.
The light-hearted, fun event will be split into three parts; Diagnosis, Rehabilitation and Reassimilation.
– Step one – Diagnosis: The first stage is admitting you have a problem. The specially trained Naked therapists will help guests come to their senses and direct them to a more wholesome and nourishing noodle lifestyle. Pot Noodle fans will be asked a series of tongue-in-cheek questions such as, ‘Do you think you have a problem?’ and ‘Have you had an intervention before?’. They will then be asked to read out a script with a pledge to change.
– Step two – Rehabilitation; guests will be recommended a suitable treatment based on the severity of their addiction. The three treatments include:
– Gong Therapy: Participants will be encouraged to clear their conscience of while a gong therapist cleanses their auras with a sound bath.
– Aromatic Awakening Therapy: Guests will be encouraged to revitalise their senses by inhaling aromas of fresh ingredients found in Naked Noodle pots such as chilli, cumin, ginger and coriander.
– Sand Therapy: Participants will take part in sand therapy, a widely-used technique, using rakes and their hands to create noodle doodles.
– Step three – Reassimilation; the final stage will prepare attendees for their new life. Noodle lovers will be treated to one of Naked’s delicious pot snacks at the Remedy Rooms Noodle Bar. They will also be reminded of what to do to avoid temptation in the future and will be asked to sign a cheeky waiver with a final pledge to leave Pot Noodle in the past.
Jade Damarell, Naked Noodle brand manager, said: “Instant noodles aren’t for hangover days or secret snacks, they are a legitimate lunch or dinner choice for hungry noodle lovers. Noodle pot fans have been ashamed of their instant noodle desires for too long. The Naked brand is all about delivering an authentic taste experience that won’t leave people feeling guilty.
“We want to encourage people to break up with other noodle pots and slurp loud and proud with Naked. Our Remedy Rooms pop-up event in Shoreditch does exactly that. With a host of tongue-in-cheek treatments aimed to help noodle fanatics quit their guilty pleasure, we hope to point people in the direction of a more nourishing noodle lifestyle.”
The event is part of a wider campaign to remind people why Naked is the noodle of choice for the more discerning palate. Naked Noodle provides legit south-east Asian flavours made with real, natural ingredients, in an instant. When asked what they most liked about the brand, over a sixth of Brits surveyed listed flavour as the best thing about Naked Noodle. Its tagline ‘Slurp Loud & Proud’ urges people to indulge in the bold and adventurous pot snack with pride.
The Naked Noodle Remedy Rooms pop-up isn’t the first dig the brand has taken at other noodle pots. The campaign saw Naked take a cheeky swipe earlier this week after parking an ad trailer emblazoned with ‘A noodle that will leave you full of flavour, not sad and empty inside” outside the makers of Pot Noodle’s head office.
Naked Noodle Remedy Rooms will be open on the following dates at The Ace Corner Shop, 149 Shoreditch High Street, London, E1 6JQ.
Wednesday October 13:
11.15am – 8pm.
Thursday October 14:
9.30am – 5pm.
Noodle lovers in the area should head along to the event which will be taking walk ins as well as pre-booked noodle fanatics. It’s not too late to sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/naked-noodle-remedy-rooms-tickets-182540552707
Naked Noodle is available in 10 authentic, pan-Asian flavours including Thai Green Curry and Beef Pho. With preparation under five minutes, it’s an excellent choice for those with busy lifestyles looking for healthier options that are still great tasting as well as those keen to experiment with bold and exciting flavours.
In addition to Naked Noodle, the brand offers a range of exciting products. Naked Five-Minute Noodles on the hob format is available in four authentic flavours, Japanese Chicken Yakisoba, Singapore Curry, Korean BBQ Beef and Thai Sweet Chilli. The product provides consumers with a quick and convenient way to access authentic Asian flavours for an evening meal for two and can also be enjoyed as a snack.
Last year, the brand launched Naked Veg Pots available in Malaysian Rendang Curry, Korean BBQ Ramen and Chinese Green Veg Broth. The Veg Pots are 100% plant-based and also count towards 1 of your 5 a day – the first from the portfolio to hold the health credential. Naked’s Free From Rice Pots are 100% gluten and dairy free, again a first for the Naked brand. Both Veg Pots and duo of Free From Rice Pots have allowed Naked to cater to a variety of lifestyles.